Vegan Chocolate Cake
This recipe came up sporadically after my toddler had been asking for chocolate cake all day and I saw a video on TipHero. We're not vegan, but it never hurts to try right?! So this is a dairy-free, vegan chocolate cake recipe that you can probably make at home right now without even having to go to the grocery store (which is pretty awesome). Really easy to make, and surprising how you don't even miss the milk or eggs! What's not to love about chocolate cake... And side note, I didn't have cocoa powder so I just used hot cocoa powder - tastes great!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan.
- Add all the dry ingredients directly to a bowl and mix together.
- Add the vinegar, vanilla, vegetable oil, and water and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Top with your favorite frosting and enjoy!