Boston Cream Poke Cake
For my birthday this year, I had the pleasure of having this Boston Cream Poke Cake twice! The first one was made by my cousin in Wisconsin, and then I HAD to bring the recipe home and try it out for my friends. A new favorite for everyone, and it was so simple to make! Very basic ingredients as well, and you'll be surprised how moist and soft the cake is after it soaks up all the pudding.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 large box instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (5.1 oz)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 container Chocolate Frosting
- Prepare cake in 13×9″ pan according to box directions.
- Allow to cool until just slightly warm.
- Use spoon handle to poke holes evenly across cake.
- Combine milk and pudding mix and whisk until well blended.
- Pour pudding over cake making sure it gets down into holes.
- Refrigerate cake for several hours to allow pudding to set up.
- Open frosting container and remove foil seal.
- Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat this until frosting is pourable.
- Pour over pudding layer and spread with spatula to cover completely.
- Refrigerate for at least several more hours.
*Original recipe from cincyshopper.com.