A common theme with my daughter is sweets (obviously with my Cupcakes Book I created), so we tend to create a lot of art projects that involve cupcakes, doughnuts, and cookies (even if we don't eat them a lot). So this is a really cute project because the chocolate chips are removeable and it can be a fun counting game at the same time!
- Giant posterboard
- Sharpie marker
- Colored construction paper
- Velcro with sticky backs
- Draw the outline for a giant cookie on the posterboard.
- Have your child paint the cookie with whatever colors they want. Try and get them to practice blending colors together to make brown, have them properly hold their paintbrush and try and stay in the lines. It never hurts to teach good practices!
- Let the giant cookie dry in the sun or somewhere for a bit.
- Cut out chocolate chips with different colors of construction paper.
- Attach the velcro to the back of each chocolate chip. Attach the opposite side of the velcro to the giant cookie.
- Have your child practice counting the chocolate chips as they put them on. Have them switch out the colors or practice using patterns.
- Enjoy without the sugar high!