Egg in a Cup
Today we made Eggs in a Cup for breakfast! They are a great treat for kids, and easy clean up too. With everyone back to school, it's nice to find ways to have a quick breakfast ready in the morning so making extras is a plus.
We use our muffin tins all the time, so this recipe was one I've been wanting to try for a while. We layered English muffins, eggs, and bacon in each muffin tin and that's it!
- 6 eggs
- 6 English muffins (toasted)
- Butter or margarine
- Pam (nonstick spray)
- Bacon (or bacon bits)
- Spray the muffin tins with a non-stick spray.
- Toast the English muffins, and then use a small cup to cut out circles the same size as the muffin tins. Butter the English muffins (optional) and set inside.
- Crack an egg in each muffin tin. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Sprinkle bacon (or bacon bits) on top!
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are no longer runny. Just a little after they start to turn white so the yolks are still runny.
- Add a little goat cheese or feta before you serve, and they'll melt in your mouth!