Apple Curry Soup
Luckily we have really great friends. And even better is that they are great cooks! This recipe was passed on to me one Christmas, and we have been making it ever since. It's actually a great summer soup because it's so light and healthy. And if you add some curry heat to it you can have a great winter soup out of it too!
- 1 stick butter
- 8 gala or golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs (ground works too)
- 2 tsp mild curry powder (add more if you like)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup half and half (optional)
- sour cream, chives
- In a large pot melt butter and add apples, onions, and thyme. Cook for about 15 minutes or until everything is very soft.
- Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Puree in batches in blender or food processor until smooth. Add some of the chicken stock in blender to liquefy and make easy to transfer back to pot.
- Pour in stock. Bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add half and half to make creamy (optional).
- Serve hot. Top with sour cream, chives, or sauteed diced apples.